1. Submission process
2. Editing process
2.1 What we do
- Correct spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors
- Check for problems in parallelisms, tense and conjugations
- Eliminate improper language and poor word choice
- Conform to your choice of British or American English
- All changes are tracked for your approval (Powerpoint does not allow track changes functionality so Editor will leave comments on specific areas of the slide for you to compare)
2.2 What we don’t do
- Format the manuscript, conform to a style sheet or word count changes
- Edit the content
- Verify, edit or format references
- Write, re-write or paraphrase any part of the manuscript
2.3 Our guarantee
- Free re-editing or money back if your edited manuscript is rejected. If you do not alter a manuscript that we have edited and it is rejected by a journal on purely English language grounds, you can receive either a full refund or have your manuscript re-edited free of charge.
- However, if you make alterations to a manuscript after we return it to you and this manuscript is rejected by a journal for English language errors, you cannot return it to us for free re-editing.
2.4 Our editors
Elsevier language editors are PhDs or PhD candidates. All are native English speakers with excellent communication skills. To meet our demanding requirements, they undergo extensive training and have frequent performance reviews. All managing editors have a scientific background. >>> Read more about our editors.