Elsevier language editors are PhDs or PhD candidates. All are native English speakers with excellent communication skills. To meet our demanding requirements, they undergo extensive training and have frequent performance reviews. All managing editors have a scientific background.
The editing process
- Only two people will ever see your manuscript: a managing
editor and a language editor. Both have signed confidentiality agreements.
- The managing editor reviews your manuscript and assigns
an appropriate language editor with the relevant scientific background for your manuscript. The managing editor
reviews your manuscript before it is returned to you.
- Within two (short documents) or five business days, you will receive an e-mail that your manuscript is ready. Log-in at any time to check the status.
- After you receive the edited manuscript, you can ask the editor for clarifications
- Unlimited* rounds of language review allow you to submit, revise and send it back for free re-editing as many times as needed (within 365 days)
*Unlimited rounds of language review: Manuscripts are eligible for unlimited rounds of free editing within 365 days of the first editing request provided that the revisions do not exceed more than 50% of the original word count and new additions do not exceed 20% of the original word count.
What we do
- Correct spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors
- Check for problems in parallelisms, tense and conjugations
- Eliminate improper language and poor word choice
- Conform to your choice of British or American English
- Content check for logic, flow and structure
- Format the manuscript to the journal of your choice
- Customized free cover letter if your document is intended for publication
- Follow up report from the Editor on the changes to the document
- All changes are tracked for your approval
What we don’t do
- We do not correct or comment on the statistical methodology nor the scientific accuracy of the statements made in the document.
Please note that this service is not mandatory for publication in an Elsevier journal. Using this service does not guarantee selection for peer review or acceptance. Neither are you obliged to submit your edited manuscript to an Elsevier journal.